The Training and Talent Development Certificate program at UMBC-Shady Grove offers a unique opportunity for HR professionals who want to specialize in talent management through a variety of specialized courses.
Designed to address the increasing role of HR in performance improvement, our curriculum was developed as a partnership between UMBC’s Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Learning and Performance Technology graduate programs.
Through this 12-credit program, you will learn the key principles relevant to training and development, including adult learning theory, needs assessment, training methodology, and analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training. The credits you earn as part of the Training and Talent Development graduate certificate can also be applied towards the M.P.S. in I/O Psychology, or the M.A. in Learning and Performance Technology.
For up-to-date information on how UMBC is responding to COVID-19, visit Retriever Ready: COVID-19 Response.
At a Glance
- Shady Grove (Rockville)/Online Hybrid Program
- 12 (Graduate Certificate)
Tuition & Fees
- MD & Regional Resident: $770 per credit
- Non-Resident: $1,287 per credit
- An invaluable network: As industry experts, our faculty combine their professional experience with theory to provide a rigorous and relevant classroom experience as well as valuable networking opportunities.
- Opportunities beyond the classroom: UMBC students are invited to participate in assorted career services events, departmental talks, technical research groups, and other extracurricular activities during the year to enhance your education and UMBC student experience in ways beyond simply coursework.
- Flexibility: Our small classes provide a mix of in-person and online instruction, giving students the best of an in-classroom experience while allowing for work-school-life balance.
- Convenient location: The Training and Talent Development program is a hybrid program, with in person courses based at UMBC-Shady Grove in Rockville, MD, which is conveniently located near the job hubs of Baltimore, Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia.
Looking for more info?