Welcome to UMBC! We are happy to have you as part of our community. Below you will find links to some important information that will familiarize you with UMBC.
- Create your myUMBC account as soon as possible. You will use your myUMBC account to register for classes, to access your student account, to pay for parking and much more.
- Register for classes: Go to myUMBC, Topics, Classes & Grades and Student Schedule & Registration. Follow the instructions to enroll in your selected course(s).
- Seek academic advising: Contact your Graduate Program Director for advising.
- Academic Planning Form.
- Apply for the UMBC Card: This photo ID card provides access to a number of campus services and facilities. Go to Communication Services located in University Center, Room 112 to apply for your card.
- Apply for Parking Permit: All students attending classes on campus are required to secure a parking permit.
- Submit required health forms to University Health Services. Find out which forms are required for you to enroll in classes.
Other Useful Resources for Students:
- Graduate School
- Registrar’s Office (graduate catalog, academic calendar, registration, transcript requests)
- Student Business Services (billing information, payment, loans, and e-refunds)
- Career Center (job searching, resume writing, and interviewing tips)
- Center for Global Engagement (provides activities, services, and advising for international students before and during their time at UMBC)
- Veterans/Military Benefits Information
- Library Services for Graduate Students
- Dining Options
- Campus Maps
- Financial Aid
- UMBC/ Public Transportation