The Project Management certificate program at UMBC provides experienced professionals with industry-relevant technical and soft skills. Our coursework will help you develop the critical analysis capabilities necessary to successfully complete projects and lead high-performing technical, virtual, and international teams. Upon graduation, you will demonstrate the ability to apply sound project management practices as outlined by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
For up-to-date information on how UMBC is responding to COVID-19, visit Retriever Ready: COVID-19 Response.
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
Average Completion Time
- 1 year (Certificate part-time)
- 12 (Certificate)
Tuition & Fees
- MD & Regional Resident: $880 per credit
- Non-Resident: $1,397 per credit
Saturday, June 10
Whether you’re considering a career change or you need a respected professional credential to transition into a management role, UMBC’s Professional Graduate Programs will help you achieve the career of your dreams.
Attendees will also be eligible to win a $1000 scholarship during their session (restrictions apply)!
See our full event listing for more opportunities to connect with us!
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Why Project Management?
A graduate certificate in Project Management will equip you with relevant and in-demand skills. As organizations become more complex, there is an increasing need for professionals who understand how to effectively see projects through to completion. Our 4-course certificate in Project Management will equip you with the skills employers are looking for.
- Our industry-based instructors combine their experience with theory to provide a rich classroom experience.
- Organizations across industries require professionals who understand how to keep projects on scope and on budget.
- Our small classes are taught with a mix of in-person and online instruction that provides students with an exceptional in-classroom experience while allowing for work-school life balance.
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (High Research Activity).
- For six years running (2009-2014), UMBC was ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report’s list of “national up-and-coming” universities.
- Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC’s main campus, located just five minutes from BWI Airport, with easy access to I-95 and the 695 Beltway.
Looking for more info?