At a Glance
Average Completion Time
- 3 years (Master’s part-time)
- 1 year (Certificate part-time)
- 30 (Master’s)
- 12 (Certificate)
Tuition & Fees
- MD & Regional Resident: $823 per credit
- Non-Resident: $1,310 per credit
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Sunday, August 15
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2022 semester is on August 15, 2021. Application requirements vary per program, so make sure you visit the How to Apply page of your intended program for more information.
See our full event listing for more opportunities to connect with us!
Why Engineering Management?
A Certificate or Master’s of Science will equip you with a blend of technical and soft skills that will prepare you to become a leader in your organization. There are many reasons to consider pursuing a graduate credential including:
- The global environment demands skilled engineers who understand the essential principles of business engineering management.
- Combining technical and business skills gives engineers a competitive advantage. Engineering management professionals understand not just how a system works technically, but also how these systems fit in and relate to others.
- Organizations seek engineering experts who can understand the complexity of technological and business-related challenges and who can create and put innovative solutions into place.
- UMBC’s Engineering Management Graduate Program is led by a distinguished faculty of practitioners in the field.
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (High Research Activity).
- For six years running (2009-2014), UMBC ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report’s list of “national up-and-coming” universities.
- Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC’s main campus, located just five minutes from BWI Airport, with easy access to I-95 and the 695 Beltway.
Looking for more info?