At a Glance
Average Completion Time
- 3 years (Master’s part-time)
- 1 year (Certificate part-time)
- 30 (Master’s)
- 12 (Certificate)
Tuition & Fees
- MD & Regional Resident: $698 per credit
- Non-Resident: $1,171 per credit
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Tuesday, June 8 @ 6:00 pm
Join us for our upcoming Open House to explore how our professional programs can help you meet your goals, build your professional network, and equip you with the technical, leadership, and management skills that employers are looking for. You’ll have the opportunity to meet with faculty and staff, gain information on financial aid and career opportunities, and find out why UMBC is the perfect place to expand your education.
Unable to attend? See our full event listing for more opportunities to connect with us!
Why Engineering Management?
A Certificate or Master’s of Science will equip you with a blend of technical and soft skills that will prepare you to become a leader in your organization. There are many reasons to consider pursuing a graduate credential including:
- The global environment demands skilled engineers who understand the essential principles of business engineering management.
- Combining technical and business skills gives engineers a competitive advantage. Engineering management professionals understand not just how a system works technically, but also how these systems fit in and relate to others.
- Organizations seek engineering experts who can understand the complexity of technological and business-related challenges and who can create and put innovative solutions into place.
- UMBC’s Engineering Management Graduate Program is led by a distinguished faculty of practitioners in the field.
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (High Research Activity).
- For six years running (2009-2014), UMBC ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report’s list of “national up-and-coming” universities.
- Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC’s main campus, located just five minutes from BWI Airport, with easy access to I-95 and the 695 Beltway.
Looking for more info?