UMBC’s graduate program in Technical Management prepares professionals in technical fields to become successful leaders in their organizations. Our graduates develop an understanding of how to think strategically about leading people in a diverse environment, make sound ethical decisions, and utilize technology to provide a strategic advantage at an appropriate level of risk. We prepare our graduates to succeed in a rapidly changing world and develop a forward-thinking mentality to create future-proof organizations.
The Technical Management program is built around a core set of six courses that provide the foundational knowledge in leadership, communications, ethics and project management. The core courses are supplemented by technically-oriented courses in entrepreneurship, international project management, and organizational leadership. Students can also earn certificates in specialties like systems engineering, cybersecurity, and others along with the Master’s degree.
By offering a well-rounded curriculum, we support our graduates in developing the technical and soft skills needed to become the leaders of tomorrow.
At a Glance
Average Completion Time
- 3 years (part-time)
- 1 year (full-time)
- 30 (Master’s)
Tuition & Fees
- MD & Regional Resident: $799 per credit
- Non-Resident: $1,272 per credit
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (High Research Activity).
- For six years running (2009-2014), UMBC ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report’s list of “national up-and-coming” universities
- Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC’s main campus, as well as at UMBC-Shady Grove in Rockville, MD
Looking for more info?