Summer 2023 Application Deadline: April 15, 2023
Summer 2023 Semester Begins: May 30, 2023
Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
If you’re interested in gaining knowledge directly from experts in the fields of biotechnology and business, learn more about applying at UMBC!
At a Glance
- Shady Grove (Rockville)
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Professional Studies: Biotechnology Management or Biochemical Regulatory Engineering
- A bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or any subject with sufficient coursework in relevant life science topics such as foundations of biology and organic chemistry OR a bachelor’s degree in any subject combined with work experience in the life sciences.
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 will be considered and possibly admitted based on strong professional experience and recommendations
International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
To apply for the Biotechnology Post-Baccalaureate Certificates, complete a UMBC Graduate Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs:
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Biotechnology Certificate
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests”
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for tuition classification
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or email to email@example.com.
The following information is required to process your application:
- Completed application including residency form (determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Use Program code PSBT for Certificate in Professional Studies: Biotechnology Management
- Use Program code CENR for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Biochemical Regulatory Engineering
- Goal Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Current Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the online application.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Professional letters of recommendation (optional)
- GRE Scores are not required
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Currently Enrolled Master’s Students
If you are a current Master’s student at UMBC or UMBC-Shady Grove and interested in applying for this post-baccalaureate certificate, you may apply by filling out an Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program. Use Karina Jenkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the program coordinator’s information. For questions about the process, please contact email@example.com.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, Certificate in Biotechnology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Shady Grove Professional Programs or call 301-738-6081
Looking for more info?