Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
Qualified UMBC undergraduate students have the option of applying to the Technical Management Master’s program in your junior or senior year, earning up to nine credits towards your degree. You will benefit by shortening the time to degree completion, experiencing the cost savings of taking graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates, flexible learning options, and gaining practical knowledge and skills.
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
- Shady Grove Campus (Rockville)
In order to be eligible for the accelerated master’s degree option, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. If less than 3.0, admission consideration based on Graduate Program Director’s discretion.
- Be a junior or senior at UMBC, and be admitted at least one semester prior to completion of bachelor’s degree.
- Maintain good academic standing throughout the duration of undergraduate degree.
- Contact Dr. Toby Gouker, Acting Graduate Program Director to discuss interest and plan of study.
- Complete the Graduate School Accelerated Application DocuSign Form.
- Submit copies of undergraduate transcripts in the Accelerated Application DocuSign form, via the upload feature. (Reference letters are not required.)
- Once approved, complete the Approval for Undergraduates to take Courses for Graduate Credit.
- One semester prior to completion of bachelor’s degree, submit an application for the Technical Management M.P.S. program to the Graduate School. The graduate school application fee is waived ($50 online/$70 paper).
- Once admitted, complete transfer of credits form to Graduate School.
- Up to nine credits may be transferred into a Master’s program after being taken as an undergraduate, so long as a B grade or better was earned.
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Looking for more info?