Fall 2023 International Student Deadline: May 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
A bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics related field.
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants should have at least two years experience in a technical field
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
- Shady Grove Campus (Rockville)
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Technical Management >> Degree Code – Master’s
- This program has an option between campus locations. You may choose to apply to the Main UMBC Campus, or the Shady Grove campus located in Rockville, MD. Please indicate which campus location you want to take classes at on the Program Specific section of the application.
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Personal Statement” section.
- Insert names of references into “References” section.
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates.
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Resume” section, or submit to email@example.com.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Technical Management
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for UMBC Campus applications, or Karina Jenkins for UMBC-Shady Grove applications.
Looking for more info?