Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or an international credentialed equivalent
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE is not required
Applications for the post-baccalaureate certificates are accepted for the Fall & Spring semesters. To apply, complete a UMBC Graduate Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs.
- Apply online – Select Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Personal Statement” section. A competitive application will have a strong goal statement about their professional objective(s) from being in the program.
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is required to process your application:
- Completed application including residency form (determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Use Program code PSGI for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Professional Studies: Geographic Information Systems
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college university attended
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Currently Enrolled Master’s Students
If you are currently enrolled at UMBC and interested in applying for this post-baccalaureate certificate, you may apply by filling out an Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program. Use Professional Programs, email@example.com, for the program coordinator’s information. For questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please email the Office of Professional Programs.
Looking for more info?