Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
Are you a certified teacher interested enhancing your career in Computer Science, Mathematics, or STEM? If you are a looking to become a leader in your content area through inquiry and project-based teaching and learning, interdisciplinary approaches, and innovative technologies in education for the competitive total degree cost of $12,000, learn more about applying for UMBC’s Master of Arts in Education!
At a Glance
Locations & Delivery
- Hybrid (for partnership programs)
- Location-based cohorts
- M.A.E. in Computer Science
- M.A.E. in Mathematics
- M.A.E. in Science*
- M.A.E. in STEM*
*Note: The STEM and Science programs are currently only accepting cohorts through partnerships with our local school systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a teaching certificate, and teaching experience.
- GRE scores are not required for admission.
- Applicants should have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4-point grading scale in their B.S. course work or any previous graduate courses. (Applicants with an appropriate level of knowledge and professional experience are strongly encouraged to apply.)
Applications for the Master’s in Education program are accepted for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Education >> Education: Education (Advanced Teachers), M.A.
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Submit your teaching certificate as an attachment in the “Additional Admissions Documents” or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Teaching Certificate (When applying online, upload your teaching certificate to the graduate school application.)
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- The $50 UMBC Graduate Application Fee is waived for applicants to the Master of Arts in Education. Contact Rita Williams for the waiver code.
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Application documents for all MA in Education programs should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MA in Education
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you need further assistance, please contact Rita Williams by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 410-455-6579.
Looking for more info?