Applications are only considered for the Fall semester. To apply, complete a Degree-Seeking UMBC Graduate School Application and use program name: Organizational Consulting.
- Apply online
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section (Note: we only require two. Put N/A in third line)
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility);
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended;
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online);
- Two Reference letters;
- Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
Students Currently Enrolled in a UMBC Master’s Program
Students* currently enrolled in a UMBC graduate program who meet the admissions requirements listed above do not need to submit a new application and should instead fill out the Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program.
*If you are an international student, please continue reading below for additional instructions.
The Organizational Consulting graduate certificate is a hybrid program with several courses offered online only. U.S. Department of Education regulations require students with F-1 visas take a minimum number of in-person courses every semester. The Organizational Consulting graduate certificate program does not offer enough in-person courses to comply with that regulation. As a result, no I-20’s for F-1 visas will be issued by UMBC for this program.
International Students Currently Enrolled in a UMBC Master’s Program
If you are an international graduate student who is currently enrolled at UMBC in the M.P.S. for I/O Psychology or other Master’s degree through the Office of Professional Programs and interested in applying for this post-baccalaureate certificate, you may apply for this program by filling out the Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program.
If you are an international graduate student who is currently enrolled in any other UMBC Master’s program, you must complete the full application process for this program detailed above.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, Organizational Consulting
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Karina Jenkins, Shady Grove Graduate Program Manager.
Looking for more info?