Spring 2024 Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
Spring 2024 Semester Begins: January 29, 2024
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
- B.S. degree with 3.0 GPA
- Introductory programming coursework completed within the last 10 years (IT industry experience in programming may be accepted in place of coursework)
- Applicant’s prior coursework should include college-level math equivalent to MATH 151 or MATH 155
- Official Transcripts
- Goal statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program
- Resume or CV
- Recommendation letters (optional)
Additional Recommended Admissions Criteria
- 1 year of work experience in IT
- A course in data structures and algorithms (equivalent to UMBC course CMSC 341)
- Knowledge of a scripting programming language (such as UMBC courses CMSC 433 or IS 448)
- Apply online
- Select program Software Engineering >> Degree Code – Certificate
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Personal Statement” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Resume” section, or to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (The residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility.)
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Application fee ($50 online)
Currently Enrolled Master’s Students
If you are currently enrolled at UMBC and interested in applying for this post-baccalaureate certificate, you may apply by filling out an Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program. Use Professional Programs, email@example.com, for the program coordinator’s information. For questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, Certificate in Software Engineering
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact the Office of Professional Programs.
Looking for more info?