Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
- B.S. degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Introductory programming courses completed in the last 10 years with a grade ‘B’ or above (see note below)
- Applicant’s prior coursework should include college-level math equivalent to MATH 151 (Calculus and Analytic Geometry) or MATH 155 (Applied Calculus)
- Official Transcripts
- Goal statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program
- Resume or CV
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- IT industry work experience that demonstrates the applicant’s programming abilities might be considered as a substitute for introductory programming courses.
- Applicants who do not have introductory programming courses or IT experience should take courses equivalent to UMBC course IS 147 and IS 247 or CMSC 201 and CMSC 202 and earn a ‘B’ or above
Applications for the Master’s of Professional Studies in Software Engineering are accepted for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Software Engineering >> Degree Code – Master’s
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Personal Statement” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Resume” section, or to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (The residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility.)
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Application fee ($50 online)
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, M.P.S. Software Engineering
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact the Office of Professional Programs.
Looking for more info?