- B.S. degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Introductory programming courses completed in the last 10 years with a grade ‘B’ or above (see note below)
- Applicant’s prior coursework should include college-level math equivalent to MATH 151 (Calculus and Analytic Geometry) or MATH 155 (Applied Calculus)
- Official Transcripts
- Goal statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program
- Resume or CV
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- IT industry work experience that demonstrates the applicant’s programming abilities might be considered as a substitute for introductory programming courses.
- Applicants who do not have introductory programming courses or IT experience should take courses equivalent to UMBC course IS 147 and IS 247 or CMSC 201 and CMSC 202 and earn a ‘B’ or above
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, M.P.S. Software Engineering
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Dustin Hodgson, Director of Professional Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more info?