If you are looking to learn how to take a product from design to market, the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Integrated Product Development and Manufacturing from UMBC was designed with you in mind. Our program will provide you with hands-on experience in key aspects of product realization. Designed for practicing engineers and designers, you can earn your certificate in as little as one year.
Our product development approach covers the organizational, logistic, and technical requirements of current manufacturing processes and methods. The program provides hands-on experience with a selection of fabrication tools to allow you to understand the manufacturing process inside and out.
IPDM courses emphasize skills that are applicable to your work. The program can be taken as a stand-alone or as part of degree programs such as Engineering Management and Systems Engineering.
For up-to-date information on how UMBC is responding to COVID-19, visit Retriever Ready: COVID-19 Response.
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
Average Completion Time
- 1 year (Certificate part-time)
- 12 (Certificate)
Tuition & Fees
- MD & Regional Resident: $850 per credit
- Non-Resident: $1,352 per credit
Saturday, June 10
Whether you’re considering a career change or you need a respected professional credential to transition into a management role, UMBC’s Professional Graduate Programs will help you achieve the career of your dreams.
Attendees will also be eligible to win a $1000 scholarship during their session (restrictions apply)!
See our full event listing for more opportunities to connect with us!
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Why Integrated Product Development and Manufacturing?
The current environment around product development and manufacturing is complex and ever-changing. Through applied coursework and hands-on experience, you’ll gain a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities within this future-focused domain.
You’ll gain experience in product development, manufacturing operations, advanced manufacturing processes, and project management and organizational design. Through the development of technical and soft skills, you will earn a competitive advantage that will allow you to meet the demands presented by this exciting domain.
- Courses for the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Integrated Product Development and Manufacturing at UMBC are taught by the region’s top engineers who have extensive industry experience in product development and manufacturing.
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (High Research Activity).
- For seven years (2009-2015), UMBC ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report’s list of “national up-and-coming” universities.
Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC’s main campus, located just five minutes from BWI Airport, with easy access to I-95 and the 695 Beltway.
Looking for more info?