All international applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to allow sufficient time to receive all the necessary documents and to process and assess the application.
International applications are accepted for the fall and spring semester. We encourage all international applicants to send in their documents at least six months prior to the start of the semester for which they are applying. To apply, complete a Graduate Degree Application and use program name: Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership (MPS)
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership >> Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership (MPS)
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section (Note: we only require two. Put N/A in third line)
- Complete residency information.
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Additional Admissions Documents” section or submit to email@example.com
- Request for test scores to be sent by ETS to UMBC (code 5835)
All documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Leadership
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250 U.S.A.
Your application packet should include the following documents:
- Completed graduate degree application (including residency form). Use program code PRST-EIL
- Two letters of recommendation (if you choose to forego the online option, please see the paper form here).
- Personal statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations of the program. Statement should include applicant’s background, qualifications, career experience, and any additional pertinent information.
- Current resume
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- TOEFL scores* forwarded to UMBC by ETS – UMBC’s institutional code is 5835
- Application fee ($50 if apply online)
*Please note: All international students are required to submit TOEFL scores unless you attended a university in an English-speaking country or hold an undergraduate degree from a U.S. institution. IELTS or PTE are accepted in substitution for TOEFL scores.
Obtaining Immigration Documents
If you intend to apply for an F-1 visa and require an I-20 from UMBC, please include the following additional documents with your application.
- Copy of valid passport
- Certified bank statement or bank verification letter from financial sponsor showing a minimum of $29,000 (USD) in available funds.
- Letter from financial sponsor stating they will be responsible for all living expenses and school-related expenses for the duration of your stay at UMBC.
Send these documents after receipt admission acceptance. Note: I-20 is processed after formal acceptance into the program.
All immigration related questions should be addressed to International Education Services by phone at (410) 455-2624 or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The program does not offer financial aid or graduate assistantships.
- Tuition information: Helpful hints about tuition and paying your bill.
- Student Business Services: Billing, tuition, fees, payment options.
Looking for more info?