- Complete the Graduate School Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s Application Form
- Submit copy of undergraduate transcripts to Graduate School
- Submit required documentation to your Undergraduate Advisor for preliminary review and approval. If approved your application will be reviewed by the Data Science Graduate Program Director and a final admission decision will be made.
- Once approved, complete the Approval for Undergraduates to take Courses for Graduate Credit.
- One semester prior to completion of your bachelor’s degree, submit an application for the MPS: Data Science program to the Graduate School. The graduate school application fee is waived ($50 online/$70 paper).
- Once admitted to the MPS Data Science program, complete transfer of credits form to Graduate School for nine credits.
How it Works
- Students are required to take 10 courses (30 credits) in order to get their MPS degree. Nine of these 30 credits will be double-counted towards their undergraduate degree.
- Students are advised to spread these 10 courses into four more semesters. For example
|Fall of 4th year||Spring of 4th year||Fall of 5th year||Spring of 5th year|
Accelerated Bachelor/MPS Program Regulations and Procedures
Once admitted to the combined program, the student must maintain a 3.0 or higher grade point average. No more than two “C” grades may be received in all courses taken after admission. If the GPA falls below 3.0 or if more than two “C” grades are received, the student will be removed from the combined program. This does not affect the student’s eligibility for the bachelor degree under normal University undergraduate requirements. Any one “D” or “F” also results in removal from the combined program.
Students in the combined program must formally apply for admission to the Graduate School before the application deadline during the semester in which the course work for the bachelor degree is completed. No more than 9 credits of graduate courses may be taken while the student is paying undergraduate tuition.
Looking for more info?