Summer 2023 Application Deadline: April 15, 2023
Summer 2023 Semester Begins: May 30, 2023
Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
The following additional program admission requirements (beyond those required by the Graduate School) apply to all students that do not hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited United States college or university.
At a Glance
International Student Admission Requirements:
Students are expected to have a consistent quality internet connection.
- Bachelor’s degree in any area, minimum 3.0 (Regionally accredited college or an equivalent degree from a comparative foreign institution.)
- Master’s degree (Regionally accredited college or an equivalent degree from a comparative foreign institution.)
- English Proficiency Test Scores: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 99 on it (Internet-based test); Pearson Test of English score of 68; Duolingo English test score of 120; or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) minimum score 7.0. Scores must be less than 2 years old (Exceptions to English Proficiency Requirement).
- Two letters of recommendation
- Goal statement
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
International applications are accepted for the fall and spring semester. We encourage all international applicants to send in their documents at least six months prior to the start of the semester for which they are applying
- Apply Online
- Request Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com
- Request for TOEFL scored to be sent by ETS to UMBC (code 5835)
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Additional Admissions Documents” section or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtaining Immigration Documents
Our program is offered online. As a result, no I-20s for F-1 visas will be issued by UMBC for this program. However, international students have the option of taking the program online in their home country.
Looking for more info?