Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
If you’re interesting in developing your leadership skills, learn more about applying for UMBC’s graduate certificate in Community Leadership!
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
A bachelor’s degree
- Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants should have at least two years work experience
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Community Leadership
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Additional Admissions Documents” or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Currently Enrolled Master’s Students
If you are currently enrolled at UMBC and interested in applying for this post-baccalaureate certificate, you may apply by filling out an Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program. Use Professional Programs, email@example.com, for the program coordinator’s information. For questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Community Leadership
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact the Office of Professional Programs.
Looking for more info?