Fall 2023 Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Semester Begins: August 30, 2023
If you’re an aspiring or practicing leader who wants to enact transformative social change, learn more about applying for UMBC’s Community Leadership program!
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
A bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants should have experience working or volunteering in community-oriented organizations
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Community Leadership
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Additional Admissions Documents” or submit to email@example.com.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Reference from professor or employer
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Community Leadership
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact the Office of Professional Programs.
Looking for more info?