How to Apply: Accelerated BS/MS in Systems Engineering

Spring 2022 Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
Spring 2022 Semester Begins: January 31, 2022

Fall 2022 Application Deadline: August 1, 2022
Fall 2022 Semester Begins: August 30, 2022

UMBC undergraduate students have the option of applying to the Systems Engineering Master’s program in their junior or senior year and earn up to nine credits towards the degree. Students benefit by shortening the time to degree completion. They also experience the cost savings of taking graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates, the flexible learning options (many courses taught in evening or in hybrid format) and the gain of practical knowledge and skills. 

Admission Requirements

  1. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. If less than 3.0, admission consideration is based on Graduate Program Director’s discretion.
  2. Apply and be admitted at least one semester prior to completion of bachelor’s degree (preferable to apply start of junior year).
  3. Maintain good academic standing throughout the duration of undergraduate degree.

Application Process

For more information, contact Dr. Woodrow W. Winchester, III, CPEM, graduate program director.

We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.


Looking for more info?