Spring 2024 Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
Spring 2024 Semester Begins: January 29, 2024
At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GREs and letters of recommendation are not required.
To apply, complete a UMBC Graduate Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs and use program code CENS.
- Apply online
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Personal Statement” section
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Submit unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit resume as an attachment in the “Resume” section, or to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is required to process your application:
- Completed application including residency form (determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement of academic goals
- Transcript(s) from each college university attended
- Current resume: Submit as an attached document during application process or email to email@example.com)
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Currently Enrolled Master’s Students
If you are currently enrolled at UMBC and interested in applying for this post-baccalaureate certificate, you may apply by filling out an Application for Enrollment in a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program. Use Professional Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the program coordinator’s information. For questions about the process, please contact email@example.com.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, Certificate in Systems Engineering
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
The Graduate School will notify the applicant by mail of the final admissions decision once all required documentation has been received and reviewed.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Office of Professional Programs.
Looking for more info?