At a Glance
- UMBC Campus (Catonsville)
Average Completion Time
- 3 years (Master’s part-time)
- 1 year (Certificate part-time)
- 30 (Master’s)
- 12 (Certificate)
Tuition & Fees
- MD & Regional Resident: $850 per credit
- Non-Resident: $1,352 per credit
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.
Wednesday, September 14
Whether you’re considering a career change or you need a respected professional credential to transition into a management role, UMBC’s Professional Graduate Programs will help you achieve the career of your dreams.
Attendees will also be eligible to win a $200 scholarship during their session (restrictions apply)!
See our full event listing for more opportunities to connect with us!
Why Engineering Management?
A Certificate or Master’s of Science will equip you with a blend of technical and soft skills that will prepare you to become a leader in your organization. There are many reasons to consider pursuing a graduate credential including:
- The global environment demands skilled engineers who understand the essential principles of business engineering management.
- Combining technical and business skills gives engineers a competitive advantage. Engineering management professionals understand not just how a system works technically, but also how these systems fit in and relate to others.
- Organizations seek engineering experts who can understand the complexity of technological and business-related challenges and who can create and put innovative solutions into place.
- UMBC’s Engineering Management Graduate Program is led by a distinguished faculty of practitioners in the field.
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (Very High Research Activity).
- For six years running (2009-2014), UMBC ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report’s list of “national up-and-coming” universities.
- Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC’s main campus, located just five minutes from BWI Airport, with easy access to I-95 and the 695 Beltway.
Looking for more info?