UMBC offers tuition benefits for select graduate programs for students living out-of-state. Our goal is to provide a new regional graduate tuition rate so that people like you can earn their graduate degree from UMBC and receive in-state tuition rates, while living over the Maryland line. UMBC is focused on accessibility and affordability. See the listing below for participating programs.
Maryland tuition rates will be applicable to students living in DC, Delaware, and select counties in Virginia and Pennsylvania beginning in fall 2017. U.S. citizens and permanent residents only will qualify.
- District of Columbia: Any resident
- Delaware: Any resident
- Pennsylvania: Residents of Adams, York, and Lancaster counties.
- Northern Virginia: Residents of Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania, Stafford, and Warren counties and the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
- College Teaching and Learning Science
- Community Leadership
- Data Science
- Engineering Management
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Integrated Product Development and Manufacturing
- Learning and Performance Technology
- Organizational Consulting
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Technical Management
- Training and Talent Development
We’re here to help! Stay connected with us.